Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Part II - Mystery Meals and Pepto Bismal

Steve's Blog - Friday,February 25th

My computer battery is fully charged now.  I am not sure where I left off earlier,  but I believe I was talking about the ICU project at the Rehabilitation Centre for Disabled Children.   The ICU project is very important based on both the need and the shape of the highway and road system in Nepal.

We all went to a dinner last evening that was hosted by RR who is a Rotarian in the Patan Rotary Club that we visited on Monday (love all the initials here in Kathmandu!). It was a little too high brow for my taste with another meal of mystery dishes and strange tastes (I feel very blessed to have Pepto Bismal tablets and cliff bars, in that particular order).

We will be doing another voluntary project this afternoon, while you are all sleeping, at the Disability Awareness Center which we visited earlier this week.  I should make special mention that during all of these volunteer projects, I have managed to display my vast collection of Rotary shirts (President Al would be so proud!). 

I tell you -  trying to get on the Internet and getting the proper extension chords, so that my battery does not run low, is a challenge. At times, the communication with the people here  is very challenging,  but I guess it's a part of the deal when traveling to a country such as Nepal.

I am so ready for a Jack Daniels, you don't even know.   I think a trip to the Yardarm is in order when I get home!

Finally,  I wanted to say thanks to every one for all the positive feedback regarding these emails.   It has been good and very self-medicating.

Will talk to you all tomorrow.

Steve Swank is member of the Rotary Club of Des Moines and is on a Rotary sponsored trip to the country of Nepal to view the projects that the club is currently supporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotary Club of Des Moines, Washington