Followers

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Final Leg of the Steve's Excellent Adventure

Steve's Blog, March 4th

This will be the last blog entry as I am heading to the airport in 30 minutes. We are leaving this afternoon and will be flying to South Korea and will arrive there at 12:30 am their time. We have an 15 hour layover there. Korean Airlines has booked us a hotel, which will be great. We are hoping to get up early and take a quick tour of South Korea. We then leave at 4:30 pm and will taking a 13.50 hour flight to San Francisco and should arrive there at 10:00 am. We fly out of there to Seattle and  I should arrive at SeaTac at 3:15 pm Saturday afternoon. It will be a long flight but I am really ready to come home!

Made it to Mt. Everest yesterday morning - which was awesome! The weather was clear and we actually had the opportunity to see the mountains from the pilot's cockpit twice. Mt. Everest was so close that it was surreal. We were about 5 miles from the mountain. Almost missed the flight, as that elusive wake-up call did not come again! Thank goodness I do not have any more wake-up calls to deal with!

I hope that the Rotary club enjoyed my thoughts and comments that I sent to Lisa. As I have indicated before, it was a great honor to represent our club in Nepal. I did pull this off without getting involved in any international incidents, which I am extremely proud of. 

Best wishes on a successful wine festival. I hope that it the best  festival that we have ever had. Have fun and I will see you all at Rotary on Wednesday.

Steve Swank is member of the Rotary Club of Des Moines and is on a Rotary sponsored trip to the country of Nepal to view the projects that the club is currently supporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotary Club of Des Moines, Washington